Treta ke Thakur Temple is located at the Naya Ghat of Ayodhya. It is dedicated to Lord Rama, who is known as ‘Treta ke Thakur’. It is believed that this temple has been built over the place where Lord Rama had performed the Ashvamedha Yajna. About 300 years ago, the King of Kullu built a new temple here, known as ‘Kaleram ka Mandir’. In 1784, the Maratha Queen, Ahilyabai Holkar of Indore, renovated this temple. It houses the idols of Rama, Sita, Laxman, Bharat, Shatrughan, Guru Vashishtha, Hanuman, Sugreev and guards – Jai and Vijaya which are made of black sandstone and believed to have been recovered from the original Ram temple that stood near Saryu River. The temple opens only once a year, on Ekadashi (eleventh day) of Shukla Paksha in Kartik Month. The day is celebrated with pomp and gaiety along with a special pooja. Huge number of devotees visits the temple to offer prayers to the deities.